Straightway Construction, Inc. – Bismarck, ND
$15-19 an hour DOE
Job Type: Full-time - this is a long term, full-time position on our team, not a sub-contractor opportunity.
General Laborer Responsibilities:
- Make sure quality standards are met
- Communicate progress, potential changes, and problems effectively
- Follow the job schedule
- Keep the job site secure and clean
- Work efficiently and safely
- Clean and prepare construction sites by removing debris and possible hazards
- Load or unload building materials to be used in construction
- Build or take apart bracing, barricades, forms (molds that determine the shape of concrete), scaffolding, and temporary structures
- Dig trenches, backfill holes, or compact earth to prepare for construction
- Operate or tend equipment and machines used in construction
- Help other craft workers with their duties
- Follow construction plans and instructions from supervisors or more experienced workers
- Construction helpers perform many basic tasks that require physical labor on construction sites.
Personal qualities required to be able to perform the duties are, but not limited to:
- Great communication skills, teamwork, ethics, dependability, ability to take direction, adaptability, a sense of urgency (need to get the job done) and be safety and security minded.
- Carpentry: 0 to three years, commercial preferred
- Minimum age of 18, High school education or equivalent
- Physically able to do the work
- U.S. citizen or proof of legal residency
- Pass substance abuse screening
- Driver's License preferred
- 6 paid holidays per year
- Paid time off
- Aflac supplemental insurance plans offered at pre-tax
- Retirement plan with annual 3% company match
- Company clothing: shirts, coats, hats
Please submit a resume and three references who can attest to your carpentry skills or complete online application process at www.StraightwayConstruction.com.