Construction Superintendent is the backbone of a construction project.
The Superintendent position will manage and control assigned projects by:
- Overseeing field operations, site safety, productivity, schedule, and quality of work
- Coordinating trade contractors and suppliers
- Working in conjunction with the Project Manager leading the project team
The Superintendent answers directly to the Project Manager.
- High school diploma.
- 8 to 10 years of construction experience, specifically carpentry/building construction, but also versed in various construction trades to inspect and evaluate the multiple scope elements on a project.
- Able to supervise.
- Manage, not control, multiple personalities and skill levels.
- Good problem solver.
- Positive attitude.
- Able to communicate.
- Issue clear directions to foreman, crew members and sub-contractors.
- Professional communication with Owners, Architects, Inspectors, and Engineers.
- Able to schedule and forecast.
- Keeping project on schedule.
- Assigning work to personnel for proper sequencing.
- Computer literate.
- Engage in any/all labor necessary for the completion of projects.
- Willingness to do whatever is necessary to complete a project.
- Lead by example.
- Oversee the construction process; planning, coordinating, implementing.
- Maintain site safety. Safety rules and regulations are followed and met.
- Monitor the daily performance goals/productivity of the workers.
- Training field personnel; motivating, coaching, counseling and disciplining workers.
- Schedule, coordinate and provide direction for all on site contractors.
- Schedule and coordinate materials delivery.
- Schedule and coordinate job site equipment requirements and delivery.
- Monitor the economical completion of the project to stay within budget.
- Make sure all paperwork is turned in; reports, records, daily recap sheets, timecards and invoices with cost codes.
- Update project schedule.
- Attend project progress meetings.
- Help resolve problems; materials, employees, sub-contractors, design conflicts, etc.
- Improve job site worker knowledge by understanding emerging construction practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Enhance Straightway’s reputation by maintaining the core values, accepting responsibility for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Confidentiality, all company information is to remain private: employee records, customer information and agreements, contract amounts/negotiations, sub-contractors, suppliers and trade secrets, etc.